- About the Author
Daniel R. Streett, Ph.D.
Houston Baptist University.
- Books by the AuthorJoin 737 other subscribers
Search this Blog
- Biblical Language Center Blog
- Cafe Apocalypsis (Alan Bandy)
- Compliant Subversity (Seumas MacDonald)
- Exploring Our Matrix (James McGrath)
- Hebrew and Greek Reader
- πιστευομεν (Michael Halcomb)
- ΕΝ ΕΦΕΣΩ: Studies in Greek Language & Linguistics
- The BibleWorks Blog
- The Time Has Been Shortened (David Burnett)
- Voice of Stefan
Tag Archives: Death
When did Death Come into the World?
I received the new IVP Academic catalog today and the new book by Ronald Osborn, Death Before the Fall, caught my attention. It deals with the question of death, the fall, and our hermeneutics in reading Genesis. I’ve recently run across … Continue reading
Posted in Apostolic Fathers, LXX Texts of Note, Philo Tagged 1 Clement, Abel, Adam, Cain, Clement of Rome, Death, Envy, Fall, First Clement, John Byron, LXX, Paul, Romans 5, Septuagint, Sin, Wisdom of Solomon 2 Comments
Was there Natural Evil in Eden? (Phun with Philo)
In Questions on Genesis 1.14 Philo addresses the question of why the garden Paradise was in need of a man to cultivate it and guard it (Gen 2:15, ἐργάζεσθαι αὐτὸν καὶ φυλάσσειν) since it was, after all, planted by God … Continue reading
Posted in Philo Tagged Creation, Creationism, Death, Eden, Fall, Garden of Eden, Natural Evil, Paradise, Paul, Philo, Philo of Alexandria, Problem of Evil, Romans 1 Comment